Hunger Pains - Winner of World Food Day Poetry Competition by FAO & Presented in UK & Other Webinars/Colleges!



In a world that's concerned with the economy and marketing numbers
How do we have people out here starving and dealing with hunger??

We've come too far as nations to be facing this situation
So we have a plan and 2030 is our destination
I'm not talking about decreasing, I'm talking about elimination
So we don't have anybody starving in ANY nations!

Speaking of nations, it's kind of strange to me
That in all of the land of plenty and opportunity, there's people walking around the streets without food to eat

We spend millions of dollars on entertainment- but that's another topic
There's people out here starving and we need to do something to stop it!

We spend money on wars
But we need to have war on not feeding the poor, this is becoming a situation we can no longer ignore
I mean, families with children are walking around with their stomach's growling and feeling sore
We owe it to each other to do so much more

So let's depend on each other
And help one another
In order to stop WORLD hunger, the WORLD is going to need each other

So my challenge to you, and my challenge to me
Do something small, or large, or independently

Because- Together Everyone Achieves More - so when we unite as a TEAM- hunger can be no more- and we can achieve this dream

That sounds like a plan that's worth it to me
Let's all embark on this journey
And do something little by little day by day until 2030
And stop the hunger pains that plague our society

I’ve been blessed and humbled to win an award for “Hunger Pains” and also to have it shown at colleges and universities across the United States. Even more humbled that it was shown as part of the United Kingdom’s initiative to also stop hunger.
“We spend money on wars but we need to be at war with not feeding the poor!”




I’ve been blessed and humbled to win an award for “Hunger Pains” and also to have it shown at colleges and universities across the United States. Even more humbled that it was shown as part of the United Kingdom’s initiative to also stop hunger.
“We spend money on wars but we need to be at war with not feeding the poor!”

More poems here

The Mirage

 

When it feels so good 
When it looks so good
Its gotta be real or I'm misunderstood 

It's a mirage

The dude with the shiniest wheels on the nicest cars
With all the cash 
The get rich fast
Making you forget about your past
But you can't see pass
The mirage
Like being captured by shooting stars
You shoot for the moon so if you miss you land among stars
And this mirage got you feeling like a superstar 

When it feels so good 

When it looks so good
Its gotta be real or I'm misunderstood 

It's a mirage

The way she giving out orders like she's in charge
Hair smells good smile is bright 
Body tight in that dress she makes you feel alive in the nights 
But it's the game you played
The make up will fade
And she's not what you thought after you've gotten engaged 

When it feels so good 

When it looks so good
Its gotta be real or I'm misunderstood 

The mirage that i see is oh so clear

But as I approach and get close
It starts to disappear
The mirage starts to fade and reality bites
The mirage of dreams the realistic perspective of life 
But it felt so good
And it looked so good
The mirage wasn't real but had me feeling misunderstood 

Selfish


I'm a selfish person is how the rumor goes

But is the person who I give to selfish? Well.....Who the hell knows?

 

Who's selfish?

 

Is it me or the person I give to everyday

One is steadily receiving and the other steadily giving so it's selfishness either way 

 

Is he wrong for asking? Am I wrong for giving?

What if what I'm giving is contributing to him dying?

What if him dying is contributing to me living!

 

Survivors guilt- who is this about?

Survivors built- steady amidst doubt 

 

Every day I look at his sign 

Seems so divine 

 

Cause I'm a giving person 

He's seen as worthless and doesn't deserve it 

 

If I give him a card and offer advice he won't show up...

But if I flash a dollar bill his eyes start to glow up

 

"Thank you God bless your heart"

Seen this movie played out before but I return it from the start 

 

I'm selfish because I'm doing it to feel good

He's selfish because he's doing it so he doesn't have to grind like he should

 

I'm selfish because I think karma will work in my favor

And he's selfish because he knows I'm catering to his behavior

 

She's selfish because she would rather be on the street 

The baby's selfish because he cries when mommy won't give him his food to eat

 

Daddy's selfish because she won't listen to his commands

Man is selfish because he thinks "she came from my rib" so he should own woman 

 

I'm selfish as an author writing my heart out until the ink starts to bleed

I'm selfish cause as an author I hope this is something you read

 

You're selfish because you hope that this was a good enough rhyme

You're selfish because you hope that this was worth your time

 

So we are both selfish.. but what's wrong with that?

Think about the selfish ways we all interact 

Worried more about our self and ish..guess we really only know one way to act

 

You're selfish 

 

Human Nature

We have become so caught up in se*

That it is part of our routine because it sells the best

To the point where we don't know each other's names before se*

To the point where we value se* more than respect 

To the point where if yall se*ed then you earn respect 

To the point that to the altar we take the same se*

To the point that our kids try to change their se*

To the point where did you get my point? Well okay so on to the next

 

Is it just me or has the world seemed crazy lately?

Shooting up theaters shooting up churches kidnapping and killing babies

Blowing up marathons using bombs kidnapping and killing ladies

Cops killing blacks daily worse than Rodney King in LA lately 

That was the 90s and this "just is" not justice

I thought democracy was ruled by the people

But one group rules another cause the people aren't treated as equals

But saving minority's lives won't  necessarily make a profit

So they won't necessarily try to do anything to stop it- so I'll drop it.

 


These days we barely talk on the phone

We relying on drones

When the battery dies and power is off we can't even come on

It messages family , friends, and pays our bills

Spend half our day looking down we forgot how real interaction feels

Hiding behind filters and screens 

Growing up to get a lot of followers is a lot of these followers' dreams 

 

We ask siri before God

That's delirious  

We praise the criminals and frauds

That's curious

We want the easy button not scars

That's serious 

 

We believe in independence over team

We corrupted Martin's dream

 

Hard to love- easier to hate ya

 

Easy to give up - hard to make them break ya

 

Hard to stay real- easier to fake ya

 

Easy to fold hard to be bold but that's 

just our human nature 










Post a Comment

0 Comments