Poetically Correct in Working for the Crew

A Veces

Sometimes I write slow 

Sometimes I write quick

Sometimes it's for the show

Sometimes it's truth to it 

 

Sometimes I want her mind

But her clothes attract me to her hips

Or the middle part of her chest where her top starts to dip 

I want to be intellectual

But she's licking her lips and her walk is so se*ual 

I want to tell her that she's fine but in the back of my mind I want to let her go 

Sometimes I wanna stop playing the games and just them go 

Afraid if I remain the same I'm gonna let her go 

Let her go?

But I believe in destiny so if it's meant to be then can I really let her go?

 

Sometimes I write slow 

Sometimes I write quick

Sometimes it's for the show

Sometimes it's truth to it 

 

 


I wanna be healthy and change my ways

But I realized something slick the other day

They say it's the people that they care about 

Food so cheap u can't fear a drought 

U can eat "real good" off the $1 value meal

But your intestines understand that food isn't real

And over a period of time u know how your insides start to feel?

They not snakes trying to be fake- but they selling u a discount on food that u both know is fake 

And that's to eliminate the hood 

Bc they know they aren't as educated and think they living "large" when they "small" bc they misunderstood

But if you wanted to eat a healthy salad per se

U have extra prices to pay

$5 for one foot long at Subway

Eating organic only fits those in another tax bracket but that's not the topic of today 

Sometimes I sit and get disgusted 

The people with the most seem to be the ones that can't be trusted

Sometimes I wonder if things were the reverse route

What if the healthiest things were the cheapest things out ?

What if it was illegal for the country to have you on the streets without a house?

Or at least a bed and a roof over your head?

What if money for wars went to those starving instead?

 

Sometimes I write slow 

Sometimes I write quick

Sometimes it's for the show

Sometimes it's truth to it 

 

Sometimes I sit and think about it 

The other day someone asked me what I could do about it?

I told him that I could pay attention 

And try to be the voice that will spark somebody out there to listen 

Sometimes I get confused on how to make these things end

But if this inspires you to make a difference then my job is done my friend 

 

"That One New Years Night..."

"That One New Years Night..."

This is the real life story of how I spent a New Years

No secrets or innuendos I'll keep it real here

Woke up - with the Lord on my mind

So gracious and thankful for making it through all those days that were behind

I remember my OG, once told me 

"It's something for a man to start the year off on his knees."

He meant in praise 

Not in vomit because you've stayed and had one two many 

And for some reason this is the  thought that stayed on my mind 

Then something told me "call their number" or "check to see if they are open on-line"

But I said "it has to be open- it's New Years"- so I'll be fine

Sent a few texts to see who was trying to meet up

Got a few responses from my boys who were hype and geeked up



And that's to be expected because they trying to go out and ball

So I just prepared myself for the expected dialogue:



"U trying to go to church tonight?"

"It's New Years Eve bruh- u kidding right?"

"Nah I wanna do something different this time around."

"I feel u, well hit me up when u done I'm sure I'll still be out on the town."



Called another friend and said "You wanna do New Years at church? We have nothing to lose - we have been out before and it's been the worst."

He said "True but you know this party will be rocking, you know how we get it poppin. I hope you're rolling because 

these girls goin be rockin, rolling and their clothes goin start dropping! You  know it's going to get extra poppin once those champagne bottles start poppin!"

Sent another one of my boys a text and u know what he said?

Nothing at all - instead his read receipt just said "read" 



So I'm in the car shirt and tie looking nice

Ready to praise Christ

Wonder why it's so hard to get people to praise him on one night?

Windows rolled down, radio is on 

Girl photo in a tight dress lights up on my phone

I'm thinking out loud "Maybe I should turn around?" 

"No way" so I just turned the phone- face side  down

Thought this was just the devil showing up when I was church bound 

 

11:55

Still time to park and get inside 

But to my surprise

 

Not a car in sight 

Should have used my earlier insight because I'm the only car in.....this.... site!

 

So annoyed

I think of my boys and all the joys

But there's two more churches down the street my thoughts have become a decoy

 

Drive past another one with no lights on that's not a good sign

Flip my phone over clock flashes 11:59

Really upset with myself I knew I should have checked online

Still nothing in sight and I've passed another church that's the 3rd time

 

Texts come in the ball drops - happy New Year

I park and look up and wonder how come nobody is here

 

Then appears fire works I start to see a crowd

People staggering slurring their words being real loud 

I decide to drive home thinking "wrong night wrong crowd"

 

My boy texted me back "church over? its goin be a party til 4 amhere"

Passed at least 5 bars on the way home not a church appeared 

 

I began to blink 

In disbelief so I began to think: 

Is it really harder to find God than it is to find beer?

Or liquor or wine or whatever the vice is for that year?

 

Wow and I thought "it's crazy that people walk the Vegas strips day and night 

24 hours you can lose your soul

(For a fee)

But 24 hours you can't find a church to help u see the light of Christ

(That's for free)"

 

Came home got in the bed S-M-H (shaking my head)



What a night

But something just didn't seem right

Tried to sleep tight 

 

But I couldn't - Let's be serious

Couldn't let that moment go without sharing experiences I'm too curious

 

It was like

I finally saw the picture like I was on  FaceTime or Skype 

So I got up grabbed my pen and pad and began to write 

And I titled that story poem:

"That One New Years Night..."

 


Post a Comment

0 Comments