Who's Really Mentally ill?

The elephants in the room are always: "That person can't do it because he or she is mentally ill"

OR

"Yea they have to see a therapist"

OR

"Yeah they need to take pills."

Or you hear: "Those are the types of people that have no friends”

OR

"They can't do anything" the stigmas never end

But what's the big deal about people who get depressed?
Suicedal, hear voices, get anxious or even feel stressed?

Better yet,


What's really wrong with getting those symptoms addressed?

 And what about all those positive things "mentally ill" people do best?

And not mediocre I mean better than the rest

Abe Lincoln was depressed and suicedal

He was also the 16th president of the United States - what a revival

Beethoven was called Bipolar but he was and is a lot of people's idols

Issac Newton, Ernest Hemingway,  Michelangelo

Ted Turner, Max Webster, Vincent Van Gogh

The list of success stories continues to grow
But I think everybody gets the picture that I'm painting though

They stood strong and that inner talent stood tall

Even though it appeared they were weak - they would waver but they wouldn't fall

Without a caterpillars struggle there would be no butterflies

And we prevent their natural beauty if we don't give them room to fly

 




Clockin

Tick tock

Tick tock 

For just one second my wish list would be for it to stop 

Tick tock

Tick tock

It's not even been a minute but it feels like a minute before I heard it start 

Tick tock

Tick tock

It's been hours but the destiny is ours as we await our midnight hour 

Tick tock

Tick tock

Days turn to nights nights turn to weeks weeks turn to months and months turn to years

Anger turns to frustration frustration turns to tired of waiting because you se

em to be stuck standing here 

Tick tock

Tick tock

Even the broken ones are right two times a day 

So that means at least two times I'm 100% correct in my ways 

And if that's the case 

Then I should just wait for that time to shine and then start to play 

Tick tock

Tick tock

The hour glass has passed

The stop watch has stopped 

No matter what happens it's always someone who hears that clock go:

Tick tock

Tick tock

 

Perspective

Streets filled with savages that's vain and vicious 

Trained to take your riches 

Growing up with a plan to end up in the slammer

Be like their ancestors who all died by the hammer

What else do you know ? You're doomed from the start

Their role models come from "The Wire" and they wanna play their part 

Even the sunny days can be filled with clouds

Disrespect the elderly or the youth and somehow u feel proud

Loud 

screams

Shattered Dreams 

Dead in their teens

19 years to fulfill a dream

Strung out mother criminal father figure

And that's the type we have expectations to deliver?

Fast life livin

Fast how life is slipping

Fast type sipping 

Trying to get to the numb the experience

Because Under the influence everything feels different

Yet the reality is the reality 

It remains the same

So you're the only one impaired because nothing has changed 

That's the frame work-flow like a river

Work it out in your frames until u get the picture 

 

She

She so elegant

She so heaven sent 

She so different 

And I beg to differ

She isn't your ordinary figure

From her mentality to her figure

S-M-H .. cause all I can do is shake my head

Pure beauty from head to toe from toes all the way up to her head

She "got her own" she own that grown thing 

She on that Ne-Yo "Miss Independent" song thing

She's the real deal

She pays her own bills 

She doesn't sugar coat it at all- she tells u how she feels 

You will be lucky 

If she can trust thee

U act up once u won't get another chance just trust me

Her love is warm her soul is peaceful 

But all of that can change if you're acting deceitful 

She can be cold and she can be so distant 

Yet she can be that shining star- she can be that rare type of experience 

 

Rearview

These haters were disrespecting me

Worse yet neglecting me

Now that I've made it they saying that I'm cocky

And arrogant too

But what you expect me to do?

When the people who expect u to fail get mad that u prevail and when u win deep down they were hoping that u lose

They tried to derail my path to success

But overcoming negativity is the victory that tastes the best

From hated on

Debated on 

Treating like a con

Never picked number one

They think it's all in fun

The way I shrug it off and laugh

Cause when I'm smiling in their face in my mind I'm saying "they can kiss my ass"

Those "rear" views- Are closer than they appear

But if I listened to every person who ever said I would fail then I wouldn't be standing here

 

The Walk

"One in front of the other" is what I was always told

Keep your head up high stand tall be bold

But damn I feel old

And I shouldn't feel this way

But this journey and these burdens seem much too heavy 

And along this way - I think I've done some reflecting  

Am I progressing?

It seems that I'm so far from where I'm destined

There's no GPS or uber to help on this ride

"One foot in front of the other" as I stride

To a path that I'm afraid to reside

Cause facing fears are scary and I don't want to cry

I wish they were alive

I wish that I could see their eyes

I wish that I could see their smile

Wish that they could see me now

The longer you live the more people you lose

But no matter how often it happens death is something I won't get used to 

The sun burns

I yearn 

To quit while I'm ahead

But I'm suddenly inspired by the light at the end of the tunnel that's ahead

I'm carrying pain grief and defeat

But not giving up is the lesson that they taught me

"One foot in front of the other"

 My soles and my soul are worn

 But I know if I just hang in there I can transform

 From the person who had nothing 

To the person who became something 

Believe me

That which is worth obtaining never comes easy

And I just happen to be the type 

That's walking  through the rough night 

The type with the rough life

That's gonna be successful despite

The curve balls cause it's like the old folks would say

When life throws u lemons- Learn how to make lemonade

And as I look back on the path I've traveled - I'm proud of the steps I've made