Transitions Poem Video and more poems

Exotica, erotica, if falling in love with you was on Instagram- I’d double tap and follow ya

Obviously you’re beautiful - from your head to toe, but this isn’t the poem that’s focusing on your se*ual

The thing that gets me- aroused is how intellectually, you be-stimulating my minds capacity

That smile when you’re delighted, your laugh is so excited

And you don’t really care what other people think

I can see the passion in your eyes like the sunrise, and I don’t even want to blink

I don’t even have to think, when I’m around you, just proof, you’re so natural

But foreign in the same way

Because you’re not like anybody I’ve ever met so it’s some things I have to say

I appreciate

Your…Conversations with me, checking on me, even lecturing me, and every now and then you have to start correcting me,

People asked if I was practicing French because I always refer to things I’m doing as “We”

“We’”re going out, “we”’re having fun, “we”’re making dinner, “we”’re number one

Como se dice? How do I say?

King and queen? Tu eres la reina, yo soy el rey

Other people don’t get it, but we know what we say

Home grown, but foreign in every SENSE of the way

Her touch, taste, smell, sight, and way she hears me

And no disrespect but dig me

She’s one of a kind, Stevie Wonder could see that clearly

And I wonder where my wonder woman has been all these years

Who else is around doesn’t matter because now we’re here

Foreign and distant in the way she does things compared to this day in age

Nobody’s like her, that’s why I put her name as the last one on this page

Foreign 



Anticipation

 

New year, new people, same hating

That I’m still here it is my destination

I hear pretty clear their hesitation

Saying that I was the one that they could be replacing?

But they looked around and they found no one

Now they realize this was my blessing

They told me it was luck so I doubled graduations

Got on my grind all of the time and got my license

Nah this ain’t a brag fest I’m not boasting

I’m just reflecting back on these times and I’m saying that I won

Back against the wall instead of fall I stood tall and rose to the occasion

Filled with elation

Like the climax of intimate relations

Heard doubt since day one

All these obstacles that I was facing

But I always believed in the One

To avoid these temptations

Door opened a bit- penetration

People keep their emotions masked-just like Jason

To play at my station

Treating life like a PlayStation

Say I need to find the one

I say just have patience
If you’re a steak don’t you want a sauce that’s A 1?

Once exposed you already know –so there’s no replacing
Kinda like the first time-even though it’s the second time, looking forward to the 3rd time- anticipating

 


Plain View

 

A lot is new but nothing has changed

People and their opinions like glue- trying to be stuck in my brain

Telling me which way to go in life and when to switch my lanes

I look at them like “this my life” and like they insane

This is not a game- no we aren’t playing

Told me suddenly that I’ve started to change

I say maturation and growth doesn’t happen for you to remain the same

If I listened to everybody that said I would amount to nothing

Then I would probably be sitting around staring at nothing

Surround yourself with people that’s better than you

Help you grow up that’s what we call a real crew

Not yes people in your corner who scared to tell you something is going on

2 rights on the streets can leave you headed down the wrong Way

Closed caption- I want you to see all of the words that I say

Live life one way

Without a rearview mirror to keep looking back at

So everyone who said they were there back then- I don’t really remember that

I’m with who is in plain view, no need for a ride or die

Ride everywhere- yeah! I’m talking side by side

All storms you will survive it’s no way you can be denied

No chance for them to divide

Because negatives always make things positive- especially when they’re multiplied

 

Likeness

One of the same kind, brothers from another mother

Only time you should look down on another brother

Is to help him stand back up

Am I my brothers keeper? But why should I walk around while he’s on the ground without offering to help him stand up?

Overcoming nothing when we’re divided

Against all odds we can fight it

Because success is so much easier when we’re united

Reminisce on our elders who literally slaved with one another

For us to be free- can’t you see? We need each other

Million man marches from all over the nation- look at that energy

More growth year after year- look at our synergy

We’re doing something right- the majority held “our” first President in a view of envy

But destroying each other just ends up helping the enemy

Iron sharpens iron so I need you to be sharp

Voice of reason- at times- be my light in the dark

When I’m dull- give me that spark

Instead of competing with one another, let’s start teaching one another

Commonalities discovered

Know what it’s like to be stereotyped- because of our skin color

Positively influence one another when we filter negativity

Promote positivity

They say the fingers are strongest when they’re closed in a fist

We all know the stance- one fist in the air like this

 

Glitter

Used to think the more people you had around meant you were cool- but I realized that usually means nobody really knows you

Because once they do, your circle will decrease- and you'll understand that everybody isn't always as friendly as they seem.

Just looks good to have people by your side. Just seems to stand out when a lot I people are down to ride. Some people just along for the ride
But you can't hang with me if you have nothing  to provide

To the table

We don't need any more Cains we need more Ables

I don't understand "cant" and I'm willing and able

Some people talk through the fables- to try to hide their inner emotions. Lies about cars and money and a whole lot boastin

Do it right the first time and for the rest of the rest of the time you can be coastin

Talent holding , thought provoking, but soon you'll realize that all that glitters isn't golden.

Post a Comment

0 Comments