Reality, and more poems | poem video coming 2022

Mirror Mirror

Mirror mirror, what happens when your vision isn’t looking any clearer? They say things look clearer after you see them in your rear-view mirror. But that doesn't seem right. I mean why do you have to wait until you past something to figure out if it's right? I looked in my rear-view mirror at my past life. Realizations that didn’t last, situations that I let pass. I looked and saw me in a younger frame, funny how times change, I saw me in that different lane, saw me doing a whole lot of things. As much as I don’t like to admit it, some of it’s true, same things I did back then are same things that I still do. Just in a better more mature version, but maturity is subjective because other people may not see the same version. Stranger things have happened we got a Savior from a virgin.



Mirror mirror, what happens when your vision isn’t looking any clearer? They say things look clearer after you see them in your rear-view mirror. Objects seem closer than they appear. It’s clear that their objective was to make sure that we were never here. Call it settling down, call it slowing up. Call it maturity, call it growing up. Things that used to excite me- now sometimes bore me. A wise man once told me that you don’t start really living until you’re 40. Always thought that was the twilight years-thinking back on days of glory. Street knowledge, best ideas came to mind after a couple of 40s. Just because you lose, doesn’t mean that you’ve lost. Just because you bought it doesn’t mean you can afford what it costs. Just because you're in charge it doesn’t mean that you’re the boss. Just because you’ve never been there before doesn’t mean that you’re lost. There always seems to be a time for second guessing and there's always a mirror around to examine your reflection. Mirror mirror.





Breakable

 

It’s like walking on eggshells…

We both know things aren’t going well

Might as well be the first to admit that

Scared at any moment this thing we have is gonna crack and then collapse

 

It’s like walking on thin ice

We both know that something about us just ain’t going right

Instead of making love we making hate at nights

Pretty dark I just don’t really see the light

 

Times like this I think about the days, we all behaved, even if we misbehaved, we never went our separate ways, now it’s like the time decays, you have your way I have my way, we both went astray, I always knew we’d have this day. Nothing lasts forever, not even the weather, they say climate change is real so will we really ever weather-this? I’d be remiss if I never brought up the fact-memories are to be cherished just like a prized artifact

 

No Names

The people I love most it seems I talk to the less.
Nothing lasts for ever so I start finding a way to disconnect.
To dull the pain when life happens.
I used to call it writing out my feelings it just started to rhyme like I was rapping.
Don't get the same satisfaction with doing things just for the fun of it. Not sure when things changed and I started wanting to do it for the fund of it.
Fundamentals all twisted. The passion to be the best was what made me gifted.
Until that passion got overblown and turned into an obsession with being #1. But u always let someone down so is it possible to be the one?
In someone's eyes you will always be the last.
You don't know until u hop that fence whether it's greener grass.
You never appreciate the times you have until they pass. You never appreciate the present without understanding your past.

 

Lost

Thought being on the top everything would be splendid

Looking down at the destruction and all of the remnants

Still sinning begging for repentance…

For all the arguments I started

For all the friendships I ended

Asking for forgiveness

 

When I don’t forgive others

Looking in the mirror like “practice what you preach my brother”

Past relationships past lovers

I guess you tend to look like the one who is at fault when they’ve moved on to another

 

And you’re there solo

Counting on destiny like “This is the way it’s supposed to go”

 

Hope is all we have sometimes and even that can be jaded

Pressure can be greater once you finally made it

Sometimes, you have to apply greater pressure to make it

People rather get faded than look at their problems and face it

You can wait on your time to shine or you can go take it

 

Things look brighter from afar

Outside appearance doesn’t really matter, it’s the inside that shows who you are

Humbled- you can’t appreciate the ending if you forget about the start

 

This Life I Lead

Two wrongs don’t make a right

Two rights have me headed down the wrong way

A fourth one and I’m in the same place, that I started

Turning in circles got me headed in a roundabout way that I never charted

But let’s depart from that

Circular thinking

People been saying that I’ve been too abstract

Others saying that I’ve been too superficial

But no stripes, no whistles, what makes another person’s opinion so official?

I’m only human and sometimes my emotions change

People’s perceptions of me and mine haven’t always been the same

Never been quite the type to just automatically conform to the norm

Because being like everybody else isn’t how creativity is formed

I wasn’t formed

To be like the norm

And out of that shell, my reality was born

That I had words to give and I believe

That you 2 have just as good of a gift as me

And 2 is better than 1 so imagine what we could achieve-respectfully

The more the better-collectively, large groups can change our nations trajectory

 

Being nice to somebody else is something you can do for free

Not for the numbers not for the events and number of people who showed

But for the number of people whose interactions with you made them glow

At some point in time the curtains will close

Some people do this for show

But this isn’t part of that act

You’ll be remembered how you treated others not for your alternative facts

Post a Comment

0 Comments