Poetically Correct !!! Rhyming words !!!

Social

 

Oh snap! We chatting- artificial reaction
This is a snapshot about how Snapchat and social media changed the human interaction

Face book
We can't even look each other in the face like we're shook
Face down when we walk like we are reading books




Using Twitter to express all emotions, success, and doubt

But in person when asked what's new, there's nothing to talk about

Texting, se*ting. asking Siri for help
Relying on our phones more than we relying on self
The easy button doesn't always help
Instant doesn't always mean grand
Don't make personal plans we just put it on Instagram

Black people meet- when they match them up
Can't meet in a church - so they got the dating site where Christians link up
Casual encounters- websites advertising hookups

Showing up to their house with gifts in person these days sounds stupid
It's easier to send them a poke, a wink, or find them on OKCupid

Don't have to grind as much when you have Linkedin
Just upload your stuff online and see if you win

Back in the day - we said in the future there's gonna be robots and machines
And these are those days because we're already programmed if you see what I mean



Hatred

 

If I'm such a loser then leave me alone
If you can't stand me so much- stop calling my phone
If u hate me so much why does it matter if I'm home?

Why does it matter if I'm around?
You're not holding me down
Think about how silly u sound

I'm such a bad person yet you stay
If I was so pathetic why do you talk to me everyday?
When I walk by why do you even say "Hey?"

If you truly hate my guts
Then truly give it up
Because I'm tired of hearing how I'm hated and I really don't give a ....

 

Maybe

 

Maybe had I taken a different glance- maybe I should have given it another chance

Maybe I should have told you that I smiled so much when you talked because I thought: Your voice was like an angel and your face could light up a world

Maybe if I told you all the joy you brought you'd still be here girl

Maybe had a I taken a different approach, been a little more intellectual when we spoke

Maybe if I explored the ways that I behaved that led you to start fading away

Maybe if I realized I was the "root" for your "canal" becoming "decay"ed- maybe you wouldn't have had to "pull" me out and things would be okay

See that word play?

"Root" "canal" "pull" me out- because I was the "decay"ed tooth in your "root"
That you had to get out of your mouth

Maybe if those words had come out of my mouth- maybe this wouldn't be a discussion

Maybe if I had begged for your pardon so now I ask for you to pardon

My interruption

More of a monologue because you don't respond back so you aren't really involved
So I guess after all it's not really called us having a discussion

Maybe if I wasn't so busy fussing, yelling, and cussing

Damn.
Shit.

There I go again- being honest leaves me exposed
They say a man that curses lacks the knowledge to express himself-maybe I should have expressed myself
Maybe when you needed aid or called with your "national" "disaster" I should have been "FEMA" and the first to help

Maybe I shouldn't have lied all of those times
Maybe I should have searched deep down inside and told you why
Maybe I should have been the one that you could confide

Maybe it's easier to disguise all of our fears and insecurities in lies
Because of fear that if people knew our true insecurities and fears we would be someone they wouldn't recognize

Maybe-I should have been more bold
Maybe I should have been the warm blanket or the wood to your fire in the winter whenever you would get cold
Maybe we could have ended up on the front porch reading newspapers, drinking coffee, sipping lemonade, and doing crossword puzzles when we were old
Maybe I should have, maybe I could have. but I didn't- and that's how the truth unfolds

Maybe in a different world- this would be a different story told

Maybe...

Maybe..

Maybe.



Thoughtful

 

These thoughts come to my mind
They just so happen to rhyme:

Do you have a real choice? If it's really divine?
Are these really the times? Or are these supposed to be the times?

I see frowns all the time looking for a pick me up
My own kind on the ground looking at me for me to lift him up
But he didn't work how I worked so it's easy for him to trip me up
Living is hard work, it's easier for people to just start giving up
Nobody takes time to care anymore so it's easier for them to not give a ----
Fill in those letters
If you could then you would there's a reason there's somebody better

Talking to a wall that won't budge
Trying to start peace with an enemy that won't budge
Just running in place
So out of place we may as well be out of space

Guess that's how it feels when you're being alienated
The best were always put down until people realized they were the greatest
The beauty usually isn't appreciated until it is already faded
Purity isn't appreciated until you're already jaded
Did you have a real choice or is it destiny for you to be created?

She's Gone

She’s gone, I mean really gone. Contacted her- she said she’s engaged- sound the wedding alarm. She’s gone, I mean, really gone, and I’m so blown, definitely feeling all alone. To think that another will lay beside her at night under the covers, gets to enjoy that laugh and the gentle way her hair smothered, one side of her face, but this isn’t a dream that can be erased. Bitter taste. Sour grapes or eating lemons straight. She’s really gone this time don’t make any mistakes. She looks so happy when she posed for the pictures. She looked so happy walking down that aisle, and I’m feeling sicker. Feeling like I lost something and feel poor- she looking like she gained something and felt richer. Promises I couldn’t keep, promises he delivered. Things she said that I forgot I guess he remembered. Yep, she’s gone, I’m mean gone this time, and it hit like a ton of bricks and I’m not doing fine. I suppose in time I’ll heal or get over this way I’m feeling, doesn’t really matter because she’s gone and she’s not worried about how I’m feeling. She’s gone this time, yep, she’s gone forever, just a distant memory of what we had-something that we will never have again ever. She’s gone.

Post a Comment

0 Comments