Poetically Correct Contest / Quintessential Listening Poetry

Not Sorry

 

No this isn’t Rhianna and I damn sure ain’t apologetic

If I said it, it was for a reason

It has a meaning

That’s why I said it

 

I think apologizing because their feelings are hurt is pathetic

Sometimes it’s not a deeper meaning so no need to dissect it

Sometimes you aren’t meant to get along there’s no need to correct it

 

Baby girl, please

You’re not the only girl in this world

You’re such a tease

Hiding behind the makeup, hiding behind the weave

Hiding behind the smile and the car that you don’t pay

Nails always done but you never worked a day

All plastic everything- helping you grow with it

But one day you’re going to grow old and won’t have nothing to show with it

I think apologizing because your feelings are hurt would be pretty pathetic

Sometimes it’s not a deeper meaning so no need to dissect it

Sometimes you aren’t meant to get along so it’s no need to correct it

 

Home boy, please

Thinking that you got what she needs

Money rules you, a lifestyle full of greed

 

Bottles on one day, tables on the other

We ballin too brother; But we doing it on our own

You still living at home with your mother; Your girl paying for your cell phone

No place to call your own

All your opportunities blown

40-year-old children,  no- age doesn’t mean that you’re grown

I think apologizing because your feelings are hurt would be pretty pathetic

Sometimes it’s not a deeper meaning so no need to dissect it

Sometimes you aren’t meant to get along so it’s no need to correct it





Familiar Territory

So much pain and the hurt

So many days and nights they drug my name through the dirt

So many days I had to smile knowing deep down it really hurt

But I had to dig deep down cause these clowns didn’t know what I was worth

And it’s a circus the way they act

But like a basketball, when I hit the ground, I bounce back

Back against the wall- watch me react

It’s not called bragging when you’re recapping the facts

I want certain feelings that I know I’ll never get back

People never remember you when you were a nobody

Draw a blank when you bring it up at the coffee tables when you become somebody

 

Isn’t it funny how society still makes popularity cool?

We thought we graduated- but society is just a real big school

Who’s most popular? Who’s best all around? Who’s got the most money? We equate money to success now

Who’s in the trend, who has the fanciest style?

Who really cares? How did we get here?

Wish I could go back to the days of the playground out there

 

Those days were so pure

Those days everything felt so secure

Now that my mind has been polluted by reality- those days don’t occur anymore

I still have nostalgia and wish they’d remain

But the reality is that it’s like having a stain

Even though nobody notices, you notice, so you don’t look at it the same again

 

Hindsight

 "It's not you it's me"

"You deserve so much better"

I would never leave you"

"Me lie to you? Never!"

 
"I will never hurt you always be there when you need"

Just a list of all the things that you used to say to me

You say you always love me
You never do me wrong
Well get out the violins and play the soft music
This is a sad song

Undo your love
Undo those phrases
Life happens in phases
And we are at our final stages

So as much as it's your fault it's also mine because I made the decision
Even though I knew I was your mission
I knew your words glistened
And every time despite me knowing better - I listened
Kicking myself for being stuck in this position

 

Slave Mentality

 

Cheapest things for the cheapest people

We take the remains but we not equal

The dollar menu is a gift to those in poverty

Those who aren't are able to eat organically

 

They promising you beef

They promising you chicken

It's all processed

Ain't no telling what you getting

 

but those with money are seen as "having the chicken"

they got their own chicken in their back yard so they know what they gettin

We just stuck in a prison

 

A slave mentality

To live large value size everything and you can live life for cheap

Even the penetentary

Houses minorities

And the majority getting paid- real life monopoly

 

Prison is Park Place, Jail is boardwalk

Park here and get on board, I'm giving you real talk

 

Walk it talk it

Speak it live it

See it be it

Don't believe me go to google, it's not a real secret

Ask Siri to keep it real with you

Praising people just cause they trending, but what have they really did for you?

 

The Meaning

 

Discovering how on the inside I need to do much better

Spending too much time outside trying to put my appearance together 

 

Putting a pen to paper and rhyme words 

Always seemed to be natural and interesting - I was a rhyme nerd

Didn't think my words would ever make cents

Just because you know a bunch of verbs doesn't mean they make sense

 

Just because you know a bunch of words that sound profound 

Doesn't mean people will relate to you when you come around

And that's what I found

Just because they are now doesn't always mean they'll be down 

 

What are you really saying? What's the purpose?

Itchy writing hand moving back and forth across the paper like I'm nervous 

 

Comfortable in chaos - people fuss on purpose 

Stand up for yourself more don't let them think you're worth less 

Funny how if you aren't staying they consider you worthless

Food for thought - Funny how if you aren't paying they'll leave you deserted 


Interesting how things over a time span pan out
You can give 9 times out of 10 but that 1 time you don't, expect people to hold their hands out

People are in awe without understanding the meaning 

Yeah it all sounds good but what's the point if you don't understand the meaning?

Coincidences don't exist it's a real reason you're reading

Post a Comment

0 Comments