Author on Rise

Said it couldn’t be done- it wouldn’t be authorized
Told them I was the one- now this authors’s on the rise 
Intentions disguised to hide best interest
Altercations for status and positions
Confront the conspiracy theorist
That puts our existence in man’s hands
Understand that it’s a higher power
Reciting bars that make people’s face look sour
Mind trying to devour
Complexity of words written
It was written then spitting now everybody’s smitten
People acting like they have 9 lives but life’s no kitten
Can’t take the heat stay out the kitchen
Not poet of the year but honorably mentioned
Everybody has to stay at home like we all have been suspended
It depended 
On your upbringing what you end up thinking 
Take time to understand what people are saying 
Don’t be in awe at the person
Yeah it all sounds good but what’s the purpose



Down and Out

Shout out to you if you're reading or listening

To you who doesn't really want much but you were just checking in

To you who wants everything to be ok 

To you who always finds a way to say hey 

To you if you're like me 

Who lives through others happiness vicariously 

But curiously wonder:

 

What about our own?

This is for you that always sends nice messages on the phone 

To me - who always does the same to the wrong type 

Caught in the vice of my life but I still see the light 

Too nice to the wrong kind 

So time to vacate those who don't reciprocate 

 

This is to those who don't suppose 

To those who are there as opposed 

To those who say "they care" but are never really there

 

Down and out

A humbling reminder of what things are about

Whether you win or lose a bout

Shouldn't create doubt

Of who is in your corner and who holds you up

Being down and out u can see what's up

Soon as you get up 

They come up like nothing ever happened

And you're the one who "changed" if you call their bluff- watch their reactions

 

Caught in my feelings

But I'm really not feeling you and that's revealing 

Energy invested in those that care - that's appealing 

A couple Aces to help deal with the cards that life is dealing 

 

The Loss

My mind is telling me no but my body is telling me yes

I really wanna court and usher her - I must confess

And I'm trying not to be pressed 

But it's hard not being stressed

Because baby girl is up there with the best of the best

From her attitude to the way that she's dressed

I'm trying to do what's best - because I'm looking for one who is not like the rest

Let her ride

Se* aside

In her you can confide

Never lie

That's what I need

Type u want to be the head of your team

Shout out to all the people  who know what I mean

But I sin and my flesh is weak 

High heels tight skirt, professional walk-down the street 

Score to win

But even if she were to let me in

She's incapable of really letting me in

Because being in love is the only way that I would win

And I know she ain't right

And I know she ain't wife

And I know I ain't right

But she is looking right 

Perfect places looking tight 

And tomorrow isn't promised so why not live for the night? 

 

Comfortable losing in my own confusion 

The part of me that wins is the part of me that's losing 

 

 

 

Do You

Lot of times people tell me who I should be

I think about it - but it's better just being me

I can't see

Being anybody else

How can u be there for someone when you can't be there for yourself?

 

Sometimes it's how the cards are dealt

Do you play do you fold?

Sometimes the heat makes you melt

Sometimes it's applied to make you bold

No matter how you felt

It just may not be in the code

Tighten up your belt

You're entering battle mode

 

Nobody said it would be easy so don't take it for granted

All these opinions on what I should do with my life - damn I can't stand it 

Accomplishments barely noticed

Failures remain in their focus

You focused on a larger picture but can't picture what their scope is

 

At the end of the night

At the end of light 

At the end of life

At the end of sight 

Rest peacefully knowing you were true to yourself

Because when it all ends- the only person you end with is your self 

And not with anybody else 

So just do you

At the end of the day you're all you need to remain true to 

 

Cognition

Just me and my thoughts

Just me in my thoughts 

Thinking about all the dilemmas that  life brought 

Thinking back to all of the "remembers" that life taught

 

So many hard lessons

So many nights I stayed up stressing 

Not realizing that the fact that I was even up those nights was such a blessing 

 

Beauty beheld within the eyes 

To some -there lies - just a piece of leftover steak

To one- their eyes- light up with surprise and they scrape the plate 

 

Overcoming obstacles

Hurdling heights people said were not possible 

Not complement with being the norm 

Stand on my own 

Standing alone - every day a star is born 

 

That's Just The Way It Is

Summer time is over .. It's cold outside - so I'm giving the cold shoulder

Cause I've counted the days I've tried to behave

But they got me nowhere so I'm flipping the page

 

Nice guys finish in last place

So in order to win the race you have to switch that look on your face 

 

Or change your demeanor - don't forget 

Da mean er - You get

The more people love it 

 

Fear lasts longer than love when you think about it :

Think about your first kiss full of bliss as your reminisce on the butterflies in your stomach when you first tasted their lips 

 

Versus the feeling you had when you do this: 

 

Think about your worst day no rays shining your way feeling your worst way still terrified today

 

Fear of consequences fear of the reactions

No matter how long ago it was- you remember "fear" when it first happened 

 

And

The

Hurt 

 

Watching someone you held in "high" regards get let "low" beneath the dirt of the earth

Feelings get hurt dreams get crushed every day 

Whether it's from you or someone else- it's going to happen anyway

 

AND

THE 

PAIN

 

Never forget that from your brain 

Doesn't celebrating the winner mean that you're celebrating the slain?

Greatest lessons come with the biggest pain 

That's just the way it is and that's just a part of the game

 

Jessica


I had just lied for the last time

She had just cried for the last time

She replied “you take it for granted, you think it’s yours, this is the last time.”

Problem was that I heard it all before

Problems that’s the part that we can’t ignore

I always thought I was playing a game

She wasn’t interested in keeping the score

Kept feeding her replies

Until she no longer replied

Now I’m stuck unable to get back what was mine

Maybe this feeling will subside

But that which you don’t pay attention to will eventually die

That’s the last time she cried

The last time I lied

The last time she replied

At least now I know why

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments